June 19, 2009

Pack a Picnic -- Dainty


Now, as excited as I am about this adorable project and how it turned out, I am super bummed to see that I totally missed the deadline for the challenge that I made it for over at Caardvarks. I suppose I should just be thankful for the push to actually sit down and do it though :)

These last couple weeks have really thrown me off... helping with my nephews while my sis in law was sick, many birthdays, weddings, graduations... It is no wonder I am thrown off on this challenge! This project will become a fun class that I will be offering sometime this Summer, so check back for the date on that!

I used the *brand new* Papertrey Ink Timeless Template by Lauren Meader called Pack A Picnic. I knew that I needed to have it as soon as I saw it, SO FUN! The Recipe is below:

PAPERS: CTMH-- Key To My Heart
COLORS: Tulip, Juniper, Sorbet and Colonial White
STAMPS: CTMH-- Playful Flourishes, Chocolate Alpha Small
EMBELLISHMENTS: Clear Sparkle Rhinestone Minis and CTMH Bigger Brads in Juniper.
TOOLS: Martha Stewart Butterfly and Scallop Lace; Stampin' Up Scalloped Circle and 1 1/4" Circle

I decided to use the word "Dainty" because the 4x4 cards inside are so simple, cute and dainty and if I ever need a cute gift bag for a little/baby girl I have something fun to use! It ended up being quite cheap and easy to make, just 3 pieces of cardstock and one piece of patterned paper (for the basket). Hope you all like it!



10 comments:

Christina said...

That is so cute! I'm debating on paying the $5 for the template...I'm sure I'll cave! LOL I love your cards too! Great work!

by. Amy Schultz said...

totally worth the $5! I know alot of people dont want to spend the money on things like this, but it saves you ton of time on figuring it out and they worked hard on creating the template, so it is pretty cheap when it comes down to it :)

Leslie said...

wow, that is really cute.

Anonymous said...

Amy such a cute idea and to have butteflies at the picnic even better in my book hehe. Love the scalloped lace (I have it) and the scalloped circle punch (I have a 2" one) and the only thing i don't have is the 1 1/4" circle.

I just will admire yours for a while..absolutely adorable. thanks, Iona

Meredith said...

So cute! I love that paper too! I will be so sad when all mine runs out!

by. Amy Schultz said...

Meredith, I sure hope CTMH will decide to bring it in one of our future Idea Books. I know it rarely happens, but am crossing my fingers -- it is SO beautiful!

Unknown said...

Total sweetness! I love it Amy! It is sooooo beautiful!
Blessings,
Kim XXX

Unknown said...

absolutely adorable! Now, I'm off for that darn template.

Ann said...

Oh, this is totally cute! I love the papers and sweet butterflies!

Laurel said...

Oh my, fabulous! I have something for you on my blog.

Fun Stuff...

Photobucket
Photobucket

Thanks, Christina and Iona!
 

My life... as a wifey! | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates