May 04, 2009

Scrap or Dare #1!

**DID YOU MISS THE CTMH BLOG HOP?? Go here to get started! Links at bottom of her post -- Erin Herring's Blog



I have been having such a blast doing Kelli Jo's color challenges that I have decided to try one out for myself. If you are interested in joining me, I would love to have you! Details are below :)

SCRAP OR DARE


-- A new Scrap or Dare inspirational photo will be uploaded to my blog every Tuesday.
-- Dare to be inspired by the photo/object and create something a little out of the box from the norm. It doesnt have to be crazy (unless you want to!!) but just dare yourself to open up to new things, new techniques, embellishments, stamps or products.
-- I will not post any specific colors as this dare is to be inspired and to do whatever the photo evokes you to.
-- Use Mr. Linky down at the end of this post to enter your project. Mr. Linky is super easy to use - all you need is your name and the link to your project!
-- Please do me the favor of simply linking directly to the project, not your entire blog.
-- Feel free to enter your project at any time, even if we have moved on to the next week's Dare!

THIS WEEK'S DARE!

This week's Scrap or Dare comes from World Market online. It is a gorgeous ceramic vase that features a bright color palette on a black base. I went with this vase in honor of Cinco De Mayo! Enjoy and here is my creation!

























As soon as I saw this vase, it reminded me of this beautiful and fun paper I had gotten in my kit from Scarlet Lime; it is from the Socialite Gala line from Paper Trunk. The bright colors and black were perfect for some fun photos of my last birthday party! I sponged Citrus Leaf (CTMH ink) onto a large B from my chipboard letters and then stamped "birthday girl!" in black to make it pop. I also had some white fabric brads that were perfectly random for this layout. Very fun times! Sorry the photos arent so great, it was midnight but I really wanted to get them on here :)




1 comments:

Iona Schlaupitz said...

I can't believe I was the first one to post a card to your challenge. As soon as I saw your vase picture, I knew it would fit in perfectly with the Mojo Monday challenge that I wanted to do so I combined the challenges. Added some heat embossing and outlined with a gel pen and voila a Mother's Day card. This rocks and will look forward to the next one. Thanks, Iona

Fun Stuff...

Photobucket
Photobucket

Thanks, Christina and Iona!
 

My life... as a wifey! | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates