**DID YOU MISS THE CTMH BLOG HOP?? Go here to get started! Links at bottom of her post -- Erin Herring's Blog
This coming Saturday, May 16th is my National Scrapbooking Day Celebration (wasnt able to do this on the actual day!). We will be cropping from 10am till 10pm and I am excited to give them all of their goodies, including the all new Summer Idea Book, A goodie bag filled with fun stuff from the new IB and this beautiful two page layout! I hope they love everything they get and that we all have a blast! We always do!
Layout from Reflections p. 43
Colors: Smokey Plum, Olive, Desert Sand, Hollyhock and Creme Brulee
Stamps: Blooming Flourishes (D1263)
Embellishments: Misc. Green Grosgrain Ribbon and Dimensional Elements Monograms "HAPPY"
My favorite part about this Layout is the Title at the bottom. I used Desert Sand to sponge the color onto the DE Monogram letters. Honestly, I have always shied away from using the Dimensional Elements and other chipboard accessories, just because of the time you have to put into covering them with papers... but now that CTMH offers these in plain white (versus the usual chipboard color -- like cardboard!) I can easily get it to match my layouts without too much time.
Ways to use the Dimensional Elements (page 96 of the Idea Book):
1. Sponge a matching color all over it ** as shown.
2. Sponge around the edges, leaving the white in the center for a faded look.
3. Stamp over the top (this is especially easy with our Background Stamps!)
4. Paint over the top
5. Cover with Patterned Paper
6. Stamp on the edges with random stamps (i.e. a small flower or swirl off the edge of the DE)
7. Cover with Prisma Glitter
8. Roll the Rubber Brayer over the top with matching color.