This adorable card is not only my very first circle card but it is my very first card created as a Pile It On DESIGN TEAM MEMBER! Yes, you heard me correctly, I am part of a Design Team and this week marks the first week out of a 6 month commitment. I can not even begin to express how excited I am to have been chosen as part of their team (their very first team, to be exact!) and I can not wait to see what these next 6 months bring through it all. To check out the rest of the new team and what they have created this week, check it out right here!
For those of you who are new to the Pile It On challenge, let me fill you in on all of the fun! Each week, Dalis or Vicky (owners) will challenge us crafty ladies to create a project in a specific way or using a specific embellishment or technique, etc. There is just one more very important part to this challenge... you MUST "pile it on!" On top of this challenge you will have to use at least one more challenge from another challenge site. This makes creating fun and exciting... seriously, it really makes me think outside of the box and I love it! Everyone is welcome to play along and then post their work to share with the rest of us -- lots of inspiration!
Here are the challenges that I used for this week's card:
Pile It On -- Use at least 3 Embellishments (Ribbon, Button and Rhinestones)
Paper Play -- Use a Hand-crafted Flower
Paper Blooms -- Create a card in a Special Shape
HOW TO create the Paper Flower:
1. Cut out several circles (this can be done with punches or by hand)
2. Use your micro-tip scissors to cut small slits all around the circles (about 1/4" apart)
3. Trim a tiny slice off of each slit -- this will help the "petals" stand out
4. Design the circles to your liking (here, I swipped the edges with ink)
5. Adhere the layers on top of one another and use your fingertips to curl up the petals
6. Choose an embellishment of your liking for the center and adhere (I used a button and Rhinestone)
7. Place on your project and admire the beauty of the work of your own hands :)