April 20, 2009

Color Chef Challenge #3

Yay! I finished the Color Chef Challenge #3 tonight! Here I was trying to simply do one a month, but I realized that it is totally worth setting aside some time to create once a week! Not that I dont scrap every week... but I usually am busy working on other projects (i.e. a guestbook for someone's wedding next month!!). This Monday's Color Challenge was Watermelon, Sunflower, White Daisy and Black. However, I dont own Watermelon or Sunflower ink pads! So I went for Hollyhock and Honey. I think it turned out beautifully!

It has be a lot of fun doing these challenges because It forces me to create my own papers using my stamps versus relying on store bought patterned papers. For this card, I used Boutique Borders for the Honey patterened paper and then I sponged it with Honey all over. I love how it turned out! THen I used Hollyhock to stamp the flowers from the Tickled Pink stamp set (the Nat'l Scrapbooking Month CTMH Promo!) in 1st and 2nd generation.



It took some time to cut around the flowers perfectly and sometimes I look at other beautiful projects and wonder why they were crazy enough to do all of that cutting! But in this case, I figured I could handle five flowers :) Plus, this stamp set is beautiful! This photo to the left was an inspirational photo found on projectwedding.com. So this card is basically my interpretation.


Hope you like it and check out Kelly Jo's blog for more awesome cards created with this Color Challenge! http://kjsstamppad.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Amy, your card is beautiful. I am so not happy with my attempt at this color challenge. I love that you are so pleased with your creation. I have just been bemoaning mine. It is like a breath of fresh air to hear someone say how pleased they are with their card.
TFS

Unknown said...

I REALLY like this card! Thanks for playing.

Fun Stuff...

Photobucket
Photobucket

Thanks, Christina and Iona!
 

My life... as a wifey! | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates