June 11, 2009

I can't believe my nephew is going to be 7!

I must admit that I rarely ever make my cards for my nephews, but I saw an opportunity to make this card special and decided to go for it. There is also a new challenge going on, called Pile It On. It is actually quite inspiring -- basically, you are given a challenge and you must use that challenge along with at least one other challenge that comes up. There are MANY scrapbooking and card-making challenges out there and even if you dont feel like attempting the Pile It On challenge, I encourage you to at least check it out. They also have a link list of all challenges offered by the day that each challenge is released, so that can be helpful as well.

Here is a list of the different challenges that I completed with this single card :)

1. Kristina Werner's Color Inspiration #54 -- Teal, Baby Blue, Green, Orange and White
2. Limelight Papercrafts Sketch and Product Challenge #23 -- Rhinestones
3. 2 Red Bananas -- Use 3 Different Patterned Papers
4. Three Clovers Designs -- Technique: Paper Piecing
5. Stamptacular Sunday -- Make it for a Boy!
6. Daring Cardmakers -- Use something with "Weather"
7. And of course, Pile It Up -- Non-Stamped Sentiment

STAMPS USED:
CTMH-- True Happiness D1365
Fun Times B1309

Accessories: Copic Markers to color Frog, Rhinestones and Foam Squares.


I had a tough time deciding whether or not to put that frog on there but I really did want it to be more little boy-ish. Just clouds wasnt going to cut it for my cutie nephew.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

amy, I am so happy you were able to leave us the comment! I have to say I am scraplifting that idea.. it is waaay too cute!

Thanks for playing w/ us!

-- dalis DTC for Pile It On!

Vickilyn said...

This is adorable!! Love the frog - actually - I think I have that frog! LOL Guess I should pull my stamps out!!

Thanks for playing with us at PILE IT ON!

Vicki
co-owner

Unknown said...

This card is just way too adorable! Your cutie nephew will love it! Don't they grow so fast!

Sue from Oregon said...

Wow you hit a lot of challenges with this cute card!

Liza said...

Gorgeous male card, I'm sure your nephew will love it. I really like the fresh feel to it. Thanks for joining us at SSC.

Liza x

Joey said...

Hi Amy, fantastic card! I adore the bold elements and bright colours. Thanks for joining us this week. Joey.x

Skraptacular Designs said...

Hi Amy,

What a super fun card! I'm sure your nephew will really love getting this! I just love how you have popped up the clouds and the colors you chose are perfect!

Thanks for playing along with us this week at Stamptacular Sunday Challenge! Hope you'll join us again soon for some more challenge fun!

Hugs,
Priscilla

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Love your fun and funky clouds. Fabulous job on the color challenge!

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Paula said...

What a wonderful card for your nephew! Loved the clouds...how neat!

So glad you could join us this week at the Stamptacular Sunday Challenge!

Pleasantly,

Paula

Stacey Schafer said...

I think it's all 3...funny, interesting and SWEET! what a fabulous little guy card:)

Mandy said...

Love it!!! The colors and patterns are PERFECT, especially for a little boy's birthday. :) And the clouds and big number 7 are awesome! Glad you played along with us! :)

Winter said...

Great boy card!

Christina said...

Great picture!

Line said...

Fabulous card!!
Love your design! Fantastic colours and elements!
Thanks for joining us at SSC this week!

Hugs, Line

Ida said...

How FUN! What a great way to combine (or pile on) the different challenges. Thanks for joining us in the 3CT Paper Piecing challenge.

Elena said...

What a fun card! I love the number 7, clouds, cute frog and layout!
Thank you for playing with us this week!

Kerry D-C said...

Holy Smokes, Girl! You made this card earn it's keep with all these challenges combined...hahahahaha! Fabtastic! Thanks so much for participating in this 3 Clovers Thursday Challenge!

Fun Stuff...

Photobucket
Photobucket

Thanks, Christina and Iona!
 

My life... as a wifey! | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates